area sales manager
are you a friendly and engaging individual who is passionate about natural foods ? are you looking to join forces with an honest and exciting new brand that is shaking up the way the world views a classic snack? do you think little miss muffet wasn't given enough credit for her healthy food choices? with high-quality simple ingredients, our line of cottage cheese featuring innovative and delicious sweet
and savory varieties is waking up dairy aisles in food stores like whole foods market, wegman’s, publix, meijer, and sprouts across the nation. we need your help to spread the good culture word!
we are seeking candidates to join the "culture crew" as a Area Sales Manager for the NY Metro Market to continue to grow our distribution and support new/existing customers. the Area Sales Manager is responsible for acquiring new customers, executing effective promotional strategies, and improving retail shelf presence through better placement, pricing, and increasing SKU count. we offer competitive pay, bonus potential, equity opportunity, and room to grow within the company!
the Area Sales Manager is responsible for building the good culture brand with a go to market strategy that will increase customer loyalty, distribution growth, and company profitability by continuing and building relationships with new/existing retailers and distributors. This includes development of an annual forecast, budget and sales plan. The Area Sales Manager actively manages bottom up planning with each key account on annual bases and sets quarterly and annual objectives.
- execute short and long-term sales objectives and strategies for market.
- visiting accounts by walking up and down the street in New York to open new business, merchandize existing accounts, communicate upcoming promotions, educate store managers, and scout new opportunities for the brand.
- call on Key Accounts in the area to ensure distribution, ordering, programming, brand familiarity, staff trainings and proper visibility.
- responsible for building customer relationships with the ultimate goal of increasing points of availability, promotional displays, merchandising and volume per outlet.
- schedule and conduct distributor and broker teams meetings to inform and educate sales representatives of brand standards to optimize sales performance.
- work with marketing counterparts to organize and coordinate demos in top tier accounts.
- submit and review a weekly account report, Monthly Calendar and Sales Planner.
- maintain accurate records for all existing accounts and target accounts.
- manage all sales expenses and budgets for market/region.
- at least 1-2 years sales experience in the natural, grocery, UDS channel. Dairy experience a plus.
- detailed knowledge of account landscape NY Metro region.
- working knowledge of Microsoft office products, particularly excel and power point.
- strong communication skills.
- strong analytical skills.
- able to walk to visit NYC accounts. Up to 3 miles/day.
- able to travel 10%.
- good written and verbal communications.
- ability to analyze and think strategically.
- attention to detail.
- must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- must have car and valid driver’s license in good standing.
- ability to expand the “good” in our culture through passion, positivity, and excitement.
about good culture
we believe that if you eat good things, and surround yourself with good, you’ll feel good. simple as that. that’s why we decided to create a food company that offers real organic ingredients from trusted sources, promotes good health and tastes great. good culture delivers high protein, organic and non-gmo ingredients, grass-fed milk from respected cows that roam free on sustainable family farms, live and active cultures (our tummies thank us daily), no additives (stabilizers, thickeners, artificial preservatives, gross) and unique sweet and savory varieties that taste amazing. we made cottage cheese, but better.